Monday, December 12, 2005

More diatribes about the cold

Yes my friends. It is still rather cold in this northern state. In recent times it has snowed like 12 inches. I also learned of something new that happens in Concord that I don't think happens in Manchester. See, I went to go to work at about 11:30 in the evening. I turned on a road only to discover that the snow was in the middle of the road! Apparently the snow removal people put it all in the middle of the road and then come by and pick it up and ship it somewhere. Well, me and my little Honda had to maneuver around all this snow. Then, as I was going down the "lane" provided, I was met with a bulldozer type looking thing and a very large snow removal truck. I could not get out of the lane because I was blocked on both sides with snow. So I proceeded slowly and found a sidestreet. However, that was blocked with another truck and more snow! I tell you, Concord is a tricky city to live in. Eventually, I did get by the trucks, however my normal 3 minute commute was up to 7 minutes. What a travesty.

The Christmas festivities have already begun. I went to my first party this past weekend. It was our staff party for work and it was alot of fun. Probably a little too much fun for some people, but eh, oh well. Since going home that night, my sinuses have taken control of my life, and it looks like I am sick, AGAIN! Two times in one year. That hardly ever happens. It's probably because of this crazy schedule that I work. Anyway, back to partying. This weekend my Bible study has its party, Sunday is a family from church's party, and then next week is the Big Day!

I had another Kansas City moment today at church. We had to move our service from the sanctuary to the gym to conserve on heating costs because we are going to be moving out of this building and into our new one soon. So with that, there aren't alot of channels to plug instruments into. I offered to play the djembe (no one knows that I play) and then what do you know, I was singing and playing again. It was interesting, and brought back memories. Especially of the time that the djembe fell from the stand cause as I was playing today, it totally fell. I was so embarrassed. Now you see it, now you don't. Thankfully, I have a humorous side and can take it.

I think that's all for now. I'm going to drink my fluids and move on to.... something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home