Thursday, December 15, 2005

Dream Come True

Today marks a significant day in my life. I have finally been able to put up photos at a local cafe to be on display! I've talked about doing something like this for a while, but the opportunity came when my Aunt asked me if I would like to join her as Artist(s) of the month at my cousin's cafe/restaurant. So now if you would like to see the photos that I have put up, you can go to Jewel and the Beanstalk located on Somerville St. in Manchester. I'm excited because this opens up another venue for me to be able to make money and share art.

I have been sick since I last wrote about it, and it has been no fun. Then again, when is being sick fun? (I suppose if it were back in the day when I had school and then I wouldn't have to go to school cause I was sick, that would be fun)

My spiritual life as of late has been fairly dry, but persevering. I don't know if that makes much sense, but I will try and explain. My prayer life and Bible reading have been fairly non-existent. Yet I have been reading a book called Messy Spirituality (which I believe I have mentioned already) and it has been offering a few challenging things for me. It talks alot about grace and not being so "narrow-minded" to not allow those who aren't "perfect" Christians to be in the church and be fellow believers. I do not have a problem with that part. However, it seems like it offers something like a "careless" Christianity where there is no reverence for the holy. They definitely do have a reverence for God, but I guess it's challenging me in what I define as holy things. For instance, the author was giving a reference to when a woman in his church forgot that she was doing the Scripture reading for the day and swore in the middle of church. Was it funny? I suppose, but the line of profane/sacred is what gets me. I know God forgives and won't hold what the lady said as a reason for her not to get into heaven, but I'm also a believer of "out of the mouth the heart speaks." Is there room for stuff like that in church? I don't know. I find that I am being met by grace more and more and I realize the faithfulness of God compared to my desparate attempt to hold on for one more day.

And with that, I bid you adieu.

1 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Becky! Can you put some of your pics on your blog, so we can see them??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home